Directions to Camp Kasota, Sylvan Lake
Sylvan Lake is located near Red Deer, AB
How to get to Camp Kasota from Edmonton or Calgary (allow 2 hours driving time)
- Take Highway 2 towards Red Deer.
There are two ways to get to Sylvan Lake from Highway 2.
- Turn west onto Highway 11 (Sylvan Lake) and proceed to Highway 781.
Turn right and proceed to the traffic lights at the lake ( T intersection )
in the town of Sylvan Lake.
- OR Turn west onto Highway 11A and proceed to the traffic lights in the
town of Sylvan Lake.
Once you are in Sylvan Lake you have to make your way to the Camp Kasota
- At the traffic lights follow Highway 11A west approximately 5 km.
- Look for a green highway sign to Half Moon Bay.
- Turn right (north), go approximately 3 km on
Range Road 21 to a sign on the right (almost at the lake) which identifies the United Church of Canada.
- Follow this road into the camp area. There are two camps on this property.
You are going to Camp Kasota West, which is the camp on your left.
(Please do not park in the Kasota East parking area).
Map to Camp Kasota, Sylvan Lake